An eminent joint preservation surgeon with specialized training in arthroscopy and sports injury management.
Clinical experience of more than 18 years.
The concept of 'joint preservation' specialty has been introduced and
propagated in India by Dr. Kodkani.
He has pioneered a number of advanced, evidence based, innovative
techniques in joint preservation and sports injury management. These
procedures have improvised the management of sports injuries and are
now followed internationally.
Arthroscopic procedures for the knee, hip, ankle, shoulder, elbow and
wrist are highlights of his specialized practice.
Qualification & Accomplishments
- M.S.(ORTHO) – Masters in orthopedics from KEM hospital and Seth G.
S. Medical college. Mumbai
- D.(ORTHO)(CPS) - Diploma in orthopedic surgery from KEM hospital
- Scholarship & diploma in sports medicine from Ulleval University
- Mentorship by the scientific chairman of International Olympic Committee
in Oslo, Norway.
- International scholarships & fellowship training in shoulder & elbow
surgery from USA, training in hip arthroscopic procedures from various
specialized centers in Germany & UK and knee surgeries from Japan.
- Associate Professor for postgraduate & undergraduate training in
- National faculty for conferences and workshops on joint preservation
surgery, arthroscopy & sports injury
- Over a hundred national and international presentations &
- 4 Best paper presentation awards at state & national level conferences.
- “Young Surgeons Forum” oration delivered at WIROC for ‘Dome
Osteotomy’ – An original Joint Preservation Surgery
- Four original knee surgery procedures published in premier
international peer reviewed specialty journals
- Reviewer for national and international orthopedic specialty journals
- Patents - Indian patent & US patent pending for “Dome Stabilizer”
- First Indian to perform a complex single stage 8 ligament
reconstruction for knee dislocation
- 18 years of clinical experience with more than 3000 successful
surgeries to credit